Saturday, August 12, 2017

August Wrap Up #1

You may have noticed that I hit a bit of a snag in posting the last few weeks. This is due to one part work, one part mental health, and one part the book slump continuing. I keep thinking I'm out of it and then I fall right back in. Hopefully before I get back to school I can kick it for real and then I won't have to worry as much once the harder part of the year begins.

Finished
(a reread of) Throne of Glass
Windwitch

Currently Reading
I finally picked up Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, which has been sitting on my shelf for several years now, and while I'm enjoying it as a sort of guilty pleasure there are definitely some concerning things in the book. After this I'll be rereading Crown of Midnight and then, hopefully, 13 Minutes.

Media & Tags

Can't Wait Wednesday

Upcoming Posts
Windwitch Review
CWW: Ice Wolves
Discussion: Is Rereading Getting Harder
CWW: 10th Anniversary Editions
Bears v Babies Game Review
Music Monday: Kesha
July/August Book Haul
CWW: Book of Dust

You may have noticed that some posts I promised have disappeared (namely The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue review). This has a lot to do with the pressure I felt writing certain posts, pressure I put on myself, and that I couldn't do it at the time I wanted to do it and now I feel like I couldn't write a review that gave the book justice. I'm hoping to do some sort of mini-review at some point, but for now, please take my apology and go read the book because it's amazing.

A few weeks ago I talked about transferring the blog over to, possibly, a Wordpress blog. That was why there were so many advertisements on the site. Well, I hated the advertisements and I've also found that it could be a really hassle to change over sites. I don't want to say for sure it won't happen, but at the moment I'm just going to work very hard and see how far I can make Blogger go. There will be some changes happening to the site, though. Namely, I'm changing the days I post reviews. Instead of Monday, Tuesday (in the case of ARCs), and Friday, it's going to be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I'm also working to make sure that I post book reviews more frequently than not- my goal is one in every three posts is a book review. Since school is right around the corner do expect to see me posting less- three to four times a week max, and some weeks definitely less. For now, those are the biggest changes but in the coming months I am planning some bigger ones to help spice up the blog (hint hint: review formats might be changing and the whole blogs design might be getting revamped).

If there's anything you'd think would help improve the blog (anything from post type to buttons to social media links; anything) don't hesitate to let me know. As much as it's my blog I like it to be accessible and friendly to everyone who visits.

Have a great rest of the month and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)