Saturday, September 16, 2017

September Wrap Up #2

Hello lovelies! How are you all? I, personally, have kinda been floating between being very happy and very lonely. Overall things are good, though, and I don't want to take that for granted and dwell on the bad. I actually just moved back to school last Saturday, so it's officially been one week here! So far I've been enjoying all my classes immensely and even though they've packed my schedule with homework it's all homework I'm capable of doing and not stressing me out unduly. This homework has, though, kept me from Instagram. Yes, you read that right, I'm back on Instagram! Link here. I'm trying to post every other day or so but I got out of the habit recently. Tonight I'll be posting something, though, so stay tuned. On a similar note I'm so excited to make a HUGE announcement...

....

...

..

.

I'm officially studying abroad starting in January! That's right, in less than four months I'll be living in London. It's just shy of six months that I'll be there but I couldn't be more excited for the experience. I've talked about how I've been hoping for this to work out for a while but now it's real and let me tell you a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I'll be talking more about the school, and the process for applying to study abroad and what I'm doing to prepare, in a post coming out later this month. These are going to be a monthly posts chronicling my journey towards London, and then once I'm there, I'll have a special monthly wrap up going over my time there. If you've been reading this blog for a while you probably remember College Journey posts (yes... sorry that those kinda disappeared...) and you can consider these study abroad posts a sort of companion posts to those.

Okay, enough about me, onto the regular programming:

Finished
13 Minutes (review coming September 26th)

Currently Reading
I'm in the midst of The Broken Kingdoms, book two in the Inheritance Trilogy by NK Jemisin. It's really, really good, I just haven't had the time to read that I'm used to. I plan to snuggle in tonight and devour as much as I can. After this I actually have a bit of a deviation before I pick up another novel: I'll be reading a writing magazine that I received and then catching up on some comics I've put off for too long. Then, hopefully before the next wrap up, I'll be reading Outlander. Yes, this seems like it came out of nowhere, but the past few days I've just been hit with a bug that is telling me I MUST read this book and watch the TV series.

Reviews

Can't Wait Wednesday

Discussions & Other Posts

Upcoming Posts
Music Monday
13 Minutes Review
Can't Wait Wednesday
Preparing to Study Abroad

So, yeah, it's been a bit of a light posting schedule but I have to balance my sanity. What have you been reading lately? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; me too! Already, though, I've been finding myself having a hard time keeping up with it all.

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU ! I can't wait to read your study abroad posts (oh and I'm super excited because we'll be in - almost - the same time zone ! *.*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU :) Yes we will be so close! We should try to meet up IRL at a bookstore or something; I'd love to visit France while I was in Europe.

      Delete
  3. How fun! I always wished I had been able to study abroad. What a great opportunity. I visited London about 6 years ago. It was a fantastic city, which reminded me a little of my own NYC. Their transportation system was excellent too. It was so easy get around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to NYC (though it's definitely on my list of places to visit someday). OOO Lovely I have enough trouble on transportation so simple and easy is best for me.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)